About the Site
Site best viewed at 640x480 or higher. "Responsive" commands are built in for people with tiny screens who don't know how to use a computer.
Many thanks for dropping by the site! I appreciate it and hope to provide things to read or do and art for you to look at and display in your home for many years.
All of my webpages on the site I have hand-coded and designed myself. I worked strictly through Notepad for the first three years, and then I found out about Notepad++. Now I have some lovely colors to help me see what I'm doing. If you see any errors on my site, I'm the webmaster you contact about them.
About the Webmistress
Howdy! I'm Ashe Skyler.
- Tomboy and country girl.
- Happily married to a gamer since 2011.
- Mother of two good, energetic, intelligent kids.
- Owner of one "ShiChi"/chitzu named Chiaotzu.
- "Bred and bawn in a briar patch". With the scars on my arms and legs to prove it.
- Travelled through over half the USA. Seen the Redwoods, hiked the Grand Canyon, stood on Pike's Peak, smelled the delightful scents in Yellowstone, been poked by a saguaro, looked up to the Delicate Arch, and seen the ocean.
- But the Appalachians are home, sweet home. Humidity, poison oak, mosquitoes, chiggers, tornadoes, hurricanes, and all.
- Been drawing since I was big enough to scribble with a crayon.
- Started taking commissions in 2010.
- Been working at an income tax preparation office since 2006 and someday to be the owner of it.
- Went to ITT Tech for computer networking systems, and then to a community college for accounting because ITT Tech's credits are absolutely worthless. An expensive lesson well learned.
- '90s kid and Gen Y, but I am no lazy millenial.
- I got my drivers license at 16.
- My attention span exceeds 12 seconds.
- I learned how to read, write, and spell in school. Alphabet soup is for eating, not speaking.
- I am entitled to nothing. I appreciate what I've worked hard to get and what help I've been given.
- I despise being patronized with "participation trophies".
- I know the value of a dollar and opened my first bank account at 18 with $1000 saved up from work.
- I get to work on time, I don't call in sick unless I'm actually sick, and I can work long hours.
- I am the go-to person for research at the office and I'm always creating useful files for us.
- The managers at every job I've held have praised how hard working and reliable I am.
- I use a flip phone and not a smartphone, although mostly due to SPD grip issues.
- I do not want to be plugged in to life invader sites 24/7 and I don't even enjoy those mind-numbingly boring websites either.
- I have been told I have the patience of a saint. Dial-up will do that to a kid.
- And a tshirt, loose jeans, sneakers, a choker or short necklace, and a scrunchy will never go out of style.
- Other artists like Mike Sibley, Diane Wright, Josephine Wall, Ruth Thompson, and Todd Lockwood.
- The outdoors and hiking. The crickets, frogs, owls, and whippoorwills make summer worthwhile.
- Botannical gardens.
- Music. Celtic, classical, bluegrass, country, metal, alternative, rock, classic rock, and sometimes pop, jazz, or the blues. Some of my preferred musicians are Enya, Journey, Blind Guardian, and The SteelDrivers.
- Humour! Any jokes and odd quotes I can find.
- Crocheting, quilling, and latchwork.
- Reading, and on occasion pretending I can write.
- Handcoding websites and ePubs.
- Yoga, pilates, and exercise in general.
- Archery and marksmanship.
- Karate and martial arts.
- Chess, checkers, pachisi, D&D, and other tabletop games.
- Earthbound, Fable, Age of Mythology, Plants vs. Zombies, Minecraft, and other video and computer games.
- Culture! I'd travel the world just for food, music, and philosophies, in addition to all the beautiful scenery to see around the world.
- Folklore, fairy tales, fantasy, fables, proverbs, superstitions, religion, and traditions.
- Cartomancy, tarot, palmistry, and astrology.
- And just about any kind of trivia I can find!
Around the Web
- Sun Sign: Capricorn
- Moon Sign: Libra
- Ascendant: Gemini
- Midheaven: Pisces
- Yin Earth Snake
- Jung / Myers-Briggs...
- The Mastermind, the Architect, the Scientist, the Competence, and as Oddly Developed as any other person.
- Extroverted 10% — Introverted 90%
- Intuitive 55% — Sensing/Observant 45%
- Thinking 55% — Feeling 45%
- Judging 75% — Perceiving/Prospecting 25%
- Assertive 63% — Turbulent 37%
- 6, The Loyalist
- D&D Alignment...
- True Neutral
- Law 8, Neutral 8, Chaos 6
- Good 10, Neutral 14, Evil 1