Know Thyself in 25 Questions
May 6, 2017 Saturday
Not that anything can be limited to such a small number, but a fun exercise nonetheless.
- What does your ideal day look like?
- What did you want to be when you were younger?
- Playing outside.
- Who are you most inspired by? Why?
- Too broad of a question. It depends on the subject.
- Who would you love to meet? What would you ask?
- My descendant from about 200 years in the future. I'd ask if my sense of humour passed on to them.
- What habit would you most like to break? What habit would you most like to start?
- The lack of a routine, and start one that won't be interfered with.
- Think of a person you truly admire. What qualities do you like about that person?
- They have their life together.
- How do you like to relax?
- Somewhere quiet.
- When was the last time you did something you were afraid of?
- Tried to check on the sleeping baby without waking it up.
- What are you most proud of?
- These cantakerous kids that never seem to sleeep.
- What are you most afraid of?
- Waking up the baby when she's asleep.
- If life stopped today, what would you regret not doing?
- Getting enough sleep?
- Who would you like to connect (or reconnect) with? Why?
- Nobody. If they're out of my life, they're out of my life for a reason. I do regret losing somebody I thought was a good friend during the election, but, if they're so prejudiced and narrow-minded that they have to constantly play the victim card, along with casting me as the bad guy, then they're not who I thought they were and I don't need them back.
- What qualities do you admire in others?
- People who are Ladies and Gentlemen, I guess.
- What practical skills do you wish you had?
- Mechanical and architectural skills.
- Imagine youíre in your 90s. What memories would you like to have? What stories do you want to tell?
- The ones I already have of the '90s, and I'd tell stories of the fairytales I heard.
- What is your favorite book/movie/song? Why?
- This is way too broad of a question, and there are too many I like to pick just one.
- If you could make one change in the world, what would it be?
- Solve world hunger? With more free time to focus on things other than food, we might get to have more people then devoted to other important things like medicine and renewable energy. Heh, boy, don't I sound like a hippie.
- What do you love to do for, or give to others (not an object Ė something from you personally)?
- Would cooking count, or be considered an object since food is involved?
- What excites you?
- When the house is quiet and I have time to think! If you think that is selfish, you've obviously never been an introvert who had children.
- What do you wish you did more of?
- Time. Lots and lots of time. There's so much information I want to gather and collect, and share with my kids.
- Pretend money is no object. What would you do?
- Move to the country, start a garden and living off the land, while illustrating books as a "main" hobby.
- What area of your life, right now, makes you feel the best? Which area makes you feel the worst? Why?
- Same answer: kids. They're good little buggers, but I just don't have the resourcse to do for them as I wish. Including physical resources, like energy.
- Letís jump forward a year. What would you like to have achieved in the past year?
- What piece of advice would you give to five year old you? Sixteen year old you? Twenty-one year old you? Right now?
- 5: Don't go to school, but send the other one. It'll work out better for you both.
16: Kick their ass. Damn the consequences, just kick their ass. Don't worry the police won't do jack. You're going to be assaulted in a way that will take two months to physically recover from in a few years and if the cops didn't give a damn about that, they sure won't mind what you need to do now. And don't lose your "I told you so" letter this time!
21: Hang in there! It won't be like this for long. You've waited out everything else, you can wait this one out.
Now: It won't be like this for long.
- How do you want to be remembered in life?
- As a sassy great-grandma!
Recent Blog Posts
05/24/2017 · JAD Update and Newsletter Fixin'
05/22/2017 · Homemade Laundry Detergent: Powder, part 2
05/20/2017 · Article Reblog: "Today Jefferson Davis; Tomorrow Thomas Jefferson"
05/19/2017 · Etsy Fees Increase
05/13/2017 · Work website down.
05/11/2017 · Alabama Autism Bill