June 8, 2017 Thursday
Hrm. Daily posts for a week. Guess who has too much frustrated time on their hands?
Art questions off of deviantART forums.
- 1. Who would you prefer interacting with: fans of yours who are also creators (written, visual, or music, etc.) or fans of your who are simply admirers? Why?
- Just plain ol' people for the most part. When artists are involved, too much focus starts getting drawn to technique, what is the "proper" way to execute different things, and it just saps all the fun out of it. I just want to do stuff for the simply joy of the art itself, not turn it into a competitive academic piece.
- Did you ever feel at times that you were superior (or had some authority) over your fans? Why or why not?
- Yes, but not out of ego. Every so often I'll get a "young" artist who is all starry eyed and new to the craft, so I feel some degree of responsibility and seniority toward them since I've been drawing for several years. I try to keep a list of links on hand to pass out quickly if they ask for tips.
- How would you feel if your fans put you on a pedestal (if they don't already LOL )?
- Very uncomfortable. Just because I can draw a little doesn't mean I'm better than anybody.
- What is your idealized interaction with your fans?
- ...I guess letting me help them in some way? Since I'm primarily a portrait artist, I could make a gift for a loved one. If they're a budding artist, I'd like to know some list of tutorials I cobbled together helped them in their artistic journey.
- 2. As a fan of other artists (written, visual, or music, etc.), where do you fall under between these two? Why do you think so?
- ...Complicated. Yes, I can draw and write a little, but, I've never really considered myself an artist at heart. It's just a technical skill no different to me than walking or combing my hair. My technique is often much different, so I'm often not the type of creator they are either.
- Be honest =D : Did you ever feel at times that you were a peer to these artists you admire? Why or why not?
- The ones I admire? HA, no. Their skillset usually puts them a few ranks above me, at least. I'm a peer to them in the same way a fourth-grader is a peer to a senior in highschool!
- What is your idealized interaction with the artist/s you admire?
- Any interaction that doesn't involve me embarrassing myself with a fangirl squeal.
- BONUS: Is this TOO dichotomous a classification of fans? Is it offending you yet?? rofl
- Over-simplified, possibly, because nothing can split cleanly into just two groups, but it's a good starting point when taking it from this angle. I tend to do my starting points in sets of four by having two instead of one axis. In this case I guess it'd be "artsy vs not artsy" and "critic vs admirer".
1) Write the rules in your journal entry if you are tagged.
2) Write 13 things about yourself.
3) Answer 13 questions made by the person who tagged you, and make your own 13 questions.
4) Tag 13 deviants. Make sure they know they are tagged.
5) Don't say "You're tagged if you read this".
6) It is forbidden not to tag anyone. (Ignore this if you want)
7) No tagging back.
Being the rebel I am, I'll just do the 13 questions the last guy answered and the 13 he asked. 'Cause me and him agree on this point:
IF ANYONE READING THIS WOULD LIKE TO DO THIS, GO AHEAD. I'M NOT GONNA BOTHER TAGGING ANYONE.
- 1. Favourite song/s, music artist/s, and/or genre/s?
- Too many to pick just one. Blind Guardian, Enya, SteelDrivers. Power Metal, Celtic, and Blue Grass.
- 2. Favourite YouTuber/s?
- Southern Women?
- 3. Favourite artworks?
- Very detailed and realistic pencil work.
- 4. Least favourite artworks?
- Modern art where paint is haphazardly slung around.
- 5. What hobby/hobbies do you like to do in your spare time?
- Read, draw, crochet, make stuff.
- 6. Where would you like to go for a holiday if you had the chance?
- Kentucky. Or Scotland.
- 7. Favourite character of all time?
- Too hard to pick just one!
- 8. Favourite person of all time?
- That's not an easy one either. But I'm pretty fond of Mike Rowe right now.
- 9. Roses are red, violets are blue, __________ (Finish the phrase in your own words.)
- "The gillyflower sweet — and so are you."
- 10. Favourite word, colour, number, smell, place, food, thing and sound?
- [No preference], dark blue, 4, burning leaves, Appalachia, pizza?, the Oxford comma you uncivilized hack, nature.
- 11. What do you think is your best achievement, both this year and ever?
- Heck if I know. Still surviving on what level of income we have?
- 12. Funniest joke you ever heard?
- Right now it's either the female hair removal story, the male hair removal story, or the clogged toilet story. Apparently I have too high an appreciation for bathroom humour...
- 13. What do you strive to achieve and succeed at this year and in your lifetime?
- Not die while everybody still needs me.
- 14. If you were a cupcake flavour, what would you be?
- 15. Favourite colour?
- Dark blue.
- 16. Celebrity crush(s)?
- Some of the standard hotties for my generation. Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, Viggo Mortenson, Hugh Jackmon. And a throwback: Sean Connery.
- 17. If you had 24 hours left to live, but also had the means and money to do literally ANYTHING you want, what would you do with those 24 hours?
- Make sure my family is set to live comfortably, throw out a quick note on my website how JAD finishes up and ends, and then spend the day with my family.
- 18. Favourite Movie?
- No preference.
- 19. Whats the last 3 videos games you played? They are now 1 video game. Describe it!
- King of Avalon: Dragon Warfare, Fable, and Minecraft. Here goes: "In your veins flows the blood of a Hero, giving you superhuman strength and agility, and the ability to wield magic. Trouble has come to your fair kingdom, and now you must rise, with the Ender Dragon by your side, as you challenge the vile Enchantress who has unleashed upon the land a league of undead, werewolves (balverines), creepers, and other monstrous creatures who defend the massive tower she is building to control the world. Build your army, and your house, as you save the world from the inpending darkness!"
... Damn. I should make a real story out of that.
- 20. If you could replace a superhero and take their place within whatever story/universe that they exist in, who would you pick?
- I wouldn't. Superheroes have nothing but drama, drama, drama, and really weird crap happening. Even weirder than my Fable Minecraft Warfare story. But maybe a quick trip to Gotham City to see Nightwing wouldn't be so bad.
- 21. If you were tortured, but picked your torture, what would you pick?
- Uh, we talkin' traditional torture or "torture"? 'Cause I'll go with something that's just annoying, like the ending to all the books I want to read. Like some royal jackass that told me who all the Harry Potter cast hooked up with in the last chapter of the last book before I could read it.
- 22. Demons of Angels?
- Traditionally? Angels. In modern stories and stuff? Demons. I still pick Cole over Leo.
- 23. Favourite Band/musician?
- Currently: Blind Guardian, Enya, SteelDrivers.
- 24. Most epic song you've ever heard?
- I like too many songs to pick just one.
- 25. Favourite Youtube Channel?
- Southern Women Channel, I guess.
- 26. If the world had to 'end', which apocalype would you pick? (Zombie apocalypse, nuclear war, technology dies etc.)
- Humans evolve technologically to the point we leave Earth to go live in space and explore the galaxy.
Recent Blog Posts
06/21/2017 · Working, Working...
06/20/2017 · JAD Update: Chapter 37; Short Stories; New Webpages
06/18/2017 · Motherhood Poem
06/16/2017 · Rooting the rose.
06/14/2017 · Ivomec for Dogs
06/13/2017 · Five-Year Checkup