This is an ATC exchange by mail that runs roughly every three months.
Even though our emphasis is drawing, we welcome any art medium to be shared. We are a very supportive group of artists that enjoy sharing our artwork creations. We are all willing to share our techniques and assist anyone who is interested in improving their drawing skills.
Here's the explanation about the ATC exchanges again:
If you want to participate, send me a private email with your address (home or PO box, just as you prefer), and I collect the names of the participants. Then comes the hocus pocus that nobody here really knows about (except for me) and I make sure that every participant has a partner. You'll receive an email about who your partner is + address, and then you can send him/her an ATC (Artist Trading Card), which is an original drawing (no print) in the size of 2.5 X 3.5 inch. And... Surprise, surprise, someone will also send an ATC to you! When you've received it, you can scan/photograph it and show it to all of us here.
I hope everything is clear, for completeness I've added the (official) guidelines at the end of this message. And if you still have questions, don't be afraid to ask!
DT2 ATC GUIDELINES:
ARTIST TRADING CARDS
- All skill levels are welcome
- Any medium is acceptable
- Card size is 64 x 89 mms or 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches and may be whatever suits the particular medium used for the ATC
- Sign, date and list the medium on the back of the ATC.
- Exchange the original.
- By the designated send date, send the original to your partner via snail mail.
- Only the original artist may scan and make prints of their work.
- So that the ATC is a surprise, your PARTNER is to scan the ATC once they receive it and post it in the Files directory called ATC Exchange. NOTE: If after 15 business days (3 weeks) the new owner of the ATC does not post the image to DT2, the artist is welcome to do so.